There’s nothing like the feeling of coming home. Our service members know this better than anyone, and that’s why the U.S. government created the VA home loan program in 1944 to give them the comfort of knowing that no matter where their service takes them, their home will always be here.
Who Is Eligible for VA Home Loans?
VA home loans are designed to help veterans, active-duty military and National Guard members, reservists, and surviving spouses afford the home they deserve. Eligibility varies depending on the length and type of service committed, but the Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for determining who qualifies. We’ll help you get a certificate of eligibility once we receive your DD-214.
Zero Down Payment
VA home loans make it possible for you to qualify for a mortgage without requiring a down payment or mortgage insurance.
Cash Out Refinancing
You can take money out of your home equity and use it to pay off existing debt, cover tuition costs, or make home improvements with a VA home loan.
VA Home Loan Overview:
- Fixed- and adjustable-rate options.
- No private mortgage insurance required.
- Available for new purchases and refinancing.
- More flexible credit score options than conventional loans.
- No down payment required on loan amounts below county limits.
- Low down payment options for loan amounts above county limits.
- Discounted closing costs.
- Streamlined refinancing options.