The mortgage process is different with every homebuyer. They all come to you full of excitement, but some aren’t fully prepared for what lies ahead. Their finances may need a little TLC or they may have unrealistic expectations for what they can comfortably afford. Even current homeowners are stepping into unfamiliar territory when trying to refinance or start a large renovation project.
All of your clients rely on you to educate them about their options, guide them from one step to the next, save them money, and do it all without any hassles. Easy, right? Not quite. But you can rely on the in-house Summit Mortgage teams to provide you with the tools, information, and support you need to meet even the most demanding client’s expectations.
Whether it’s the end of an exciting journey for a new homebuyer or the final step of an investment opportunity, closing day is what your clients look forward to the most. It’s the day when they finally take ownership of their house and begin planning for whatever comes next.
The Summit Mortgage closing team has over 100 years of combined experience. They’ll help you close on time, every time so you can continue to provide clients with an exceptional experience.
Even when you do everything right, life still happens. That’s when working for Summit Mortgage makes all the difference. Need to get the CD and closing instructions prepared early? No problem. Have an early morning closing? We’ll send the wire the night before. Last minute issue and your closer is out? Our closing team is cross-trained to close products in multiple states.
Every underwriting department has processes and guidelines they follow to determine whether or not a loan can be approved. But that doesn’t mean working with them should feel like an endless game of hide and seek. The Summit Mortgage underwriting team is always just a phone call away.
Our underwriters are committed to providing consistent communication and making personal connections with originators and processors, which prevents minor challenges from becoming major issues.
Beyond their service-focused approach, our underwriting team offers:
- A paperless system with remote access.
- A loan origination system (LOS) with real-time updates.
- A dedicated underwriter assigned to each loan for a more personal experience.
- Support outside local business hours for states in different time zones.
- Direct access to underwriting supervisors and manager.
Staying in touch with your current clients while trying to connect with new prospects can feel like a juggling act. Our marketing team will help you send the right message at the right time with full-service support and industry expertise.
Our marketing system is fully integrated with our Byte LOS, including same-day data updates, which allows you to manage communications without having to leave your LOS.
- Completely customized email and printed mail campaigns.
- Automatic data upload from LOS.
- Event-triggered communications and campaigns.
- Automated communications for birthdays, newsletters, and market updates.
- Data segmentation for marketing campaigns.
Loan automated notification system (LANS)
Set up automated emails triggered by loan status changes to keep all parties on your loan transactions informed with:
- Current loan status – what it means for the borrower and what to expect next.
- Homebuyer tips written to engage your clients at every stage of the buying process.
- Badges awarded at key points that add a little fun to what can be a stressful period.
- Loan officer’s photo and contact information.
Customized marketing collateral
Use our marketing wizard platform to search and select approved marketing collateral that you can personalize with your photo and contact information in less than a minute.
- Open house flyers with pricing pulled from our LOS.
- Co-branded flyers, mailers, brochures, and postcards.
- Direct mail collateral.
Wire requests, fee collection, and expense reimbursements are all important for the day-to-day operations of your branch but the more time you spend pushing paper, the less time you’ll have to grow your business and develop client relationships.
Whether you’re managing the finances of a large branch or just looking to take care of your individual expenses and reimbursements, our streamlined accounting processes will help you get out of the office and back into the field.
Track commission calculations, branch finances, and more with detailed reports.
Echeck deposits for appraisals
Remove the hassle of dropping checks in the mail and worrying if they’ll get lost.
Track trust accounting right from the Summit Mortgage LOS with semi-monthly emailed commission reports.
iPhone app for payroll
View pay stubs, deductions, expenses, and more in the palm of your hand.
Advanced funding communications
Real-time notifications in the LOS whenever a new wire is requested.
Technology continues to evolve at a blistering pace and, like everyone else in the world, mortgage companies need to keep up if they want to stay competitive and provide clients with the best experience possible. There’s a fine line between using the latest technology and disrupting daily operations in an industry that waits for no one.
Our IT department knows how to walk that line, applying their knowledge of the mortgage industry and leveraging modern technology to improve current practices without causing delays or distractions for originators.
IT support capabilities:
- Fully integrated LOS.
- Paperless operation system.
- Document eSign capabilities.
- Secure document request and upload system.
- Loan Automated Notification System (LANS).
- Marketing automation integrated with LOS.
- Individual loan officer websites with LOS-integrated online applications.
- Developer-level, in-house support staff.
We know. You want to be out there selling, building relationships, and bringing in new business. We do too. But for you to be the best at what you do, you need to stay up-to-date on the latest changes in regulations, products, and guidelines. Don’t worry, you’re not in this alone.
Whether you’re looking for the latest guidelines on a niche product, curious about operational changes, or trying to leverage Summit Mortgage’s technology to be more efficient, our dedicated training staff has your back.
Operations and scenario expertise
You’ll have direct access to the knowledge and experience of our operations team to help with anything from challenging loan scenarios to problem resolution for loans in progress.
In-house legal counsel
You can always rely on our dedicated legal team to provide support, advice, and information related to:
- Current state and federal regulations.
- Complicated legal questions.
- Complex loan or borrower issue resolution.
- Interpretation and protection for vendor contracts.
Dedicated licensing and continuing education support
Lean on the Summit Mortgage operations team to answer your licensing questions and concerns, and provide you with ongoing education opportunities related to:
- Changeover assistance for new branches and loan officers.
- Streamlining the hiring process.
- Support for NMLS renewal.
- Guidance for prospective branches regarding licensing challenges.
It always comes down to the numbers. Luckily, at Summit Mortgage you’ll always have access to a variety of investors who provide the most competitive pricing available while meeting your client’s requirements.
Additional pricing support:
- Real-time, online, and fully integrated with LOS.
- Branch managers set their own margins as per TRID.
- Explanation of ineligible findings.
- Locks available as late as 11:59 p.m. for hedge products.
- Extended locks up to six months.
- Highly experienced lock desk with scenario support.
Eastern region contact:
Kevin Kappler at (866) 681-6372 or email@example.com
Western region contact:
Bill Zimmerman at 208-939-0002 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Central region contact:
Pat Barney at 612-720-5279 or email@example.com
Southern region contact:
Michael Moorehouse at 760-500-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org